09 Jul Research proposal for a grant from National Careers Institute
Executive members Jan Edwards and Elaine Butler have been working on a research proposal for a partnership grant from the National Careers Institute. The objectives of the partnership grants are:
- Improve the quality of, and access to careers information and advice
- Build an evidence-base for best practice career development
- Demonstrate the value of career development
- Increase knowledge and create greater awareness of career paths and career information
- Develop and showcase innovative approaches to delivering career development services
The aim of the project, is the production of an accessible evidence-based portal and e-resources to provide information about existing and anticipated downstream career trajectories in the emergent space sector and related learning pathways (including VET) for students and job-seekers (especially under-represented and marginalised cohorts), career advisors, influencers and industry to enhance informed understanding and support decision making about space sector job opportunities.
If successful, the project will run from October 2020 to September 2023.